WTS Alumni Study Tour Peace Project/Light for the World
A ministry of Global Mission, Reformed Church in America November 3-16, 2017
Led by Dr. Tom Boogaart and Dr. Joshua Vis & Hosted by Rev. Steve Vander Molen
Registration deadline: July 31, 2017
Limited to 40 participants
Cost: $3,999 per person (double occupancy)
Consider using your continuing education allowance for this opportunity!
Click here to read more and for the complete itinerary and Q & A at: journey.westernsem.edu/events/
For questions about registration or logistics, contact Sally Vis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions, contact Steve Vander Molen at 616.392.8555, x113 or email@example.com.
Join WTS alumni for an unforgettable two weeks in the Holy Land. Visit the places where Jesus lived. Meet the people. Get to know the Christian community of today. Leave with a better understanding of the current political reality. Spouses are invited, too!
Enrich your understanding of the Bible by experiencing biblical and historical sites for yourself:
- Caesarea Maritime, a magnificent port built by King Herod
- The Church of Annunciation in Nazareth
- The Mount of Beatitudes, the Church of the Multiplication, the Church of the Primacy of St. Peter, Capernaum, Mt. Arbel by the Sea of Galilee
- The Mount of Olives churches, a walk through the Kidron Valley
- The Church of the Resurrection, which was built on the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, burial, and resurrection
- Sea of Galilee, the Dead Sea, the Jordan River
- The Israel Museum with displays of important biblical artifacts
Enhance your understanding:
Learn more about the current political situation in Israel/Palestine.
You will also experience:
- Nazareth, Jerusalem, the City of David, Hezekiah’s Tunnel, the Pool of Siloam, Megiddo (the place of Armageddon)
- Banias, the site of Caesarea Philippi
- Ein Gedi, where David hid from King Saul
- Qumran, the site of the Dead Sea Scrolls
Your passport must be valid for six months after the date of your return to the United States. A visa will be obtained at passport control when you enter Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.